- Participants should hold a bachelor’s degree or are expected to receive it before they start their studies in this program. Please include a copy of your highest degree in the application packet (first-time applicants only).
- Participants need not have a background in applied linguistics, TESOL, or language education, but are expected to have a strong interest in learner autonomy and advising.
- English proficiency requirement (for non-native speakers of English only, first-time applicants only）
Participants who are non-native speakers of English need to have the language proficiency equivalent to one of the following:
- TOEFL ITP 550 or above
- TOEFL iBT 80 or above
- TOEIC 800 or above
- IELTS 6.5 or above
- EIKEN Grade Pre-1 or above.
The participants should submit an official score report (issued within the last two years) from one of these tests (or evidence of equivalent proficiency). A photo/scan is acceptable. They also need to have sufficient speaking abilities to participate in pair/group activities in English. An interview may be conducted in English.
4. Participants are asked to submit a short application letter stating his/her background and the reason for applying to take the course. Upon acceptance, you will receive billing instructions (bank transfer for Japan-based attendees / online credit card payment for international attendees).
- Submit the application materials online [link coming soon].
- Deadline for Course 5 starting in March 2020 is February 29th
- Feel free to contact RILAE if you have questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spaces are limited, so apply early. Register here
Application fee: 10,000 yen
Registration fee: 10,000 yen
Tuition fee for each course: 40,000 yen
Total fees for Course 1: 40,000 yen
Discounted rates for KUIS staff
Application fee: 5,000 yen
Registration fee: 5,000 yen
Tuition fee for each course: 25,000 yen
Total fees for Course 1: 25,000 yen